MERIT Brewing Company
107 James Street North, Hamilton, ON
If you’re active on social media, you have probably already heard that MERIT Brewing Company has just celebrated their one year anniversary this past weekend. It literally feels like yesterday that they first opened, serving up delicious brews and eats. Time has gone so fast, but lots has changed since then, in Hamilton and in MERIT…their menu, for example!
A few nights ago, I was invited to try some of their delicious new menu items:
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sausage
- Taco Falafel Dog (Tex-Mex Spice Blend, Pico De Gallo, Avocado, Cotija, Roasted Poblano & Lime Crema, Hot Sauce, Flour Tortilla)
- Cauliflower Bhaji Sausage (Sweet & Spicy Ginger Carrots, Scallions, Tamarind Chutney, Curry Mayo, Naan)
- Spring Salad w. Sweet & Salty Seed Granola, Golden Beets, Dried Cranberries, Apple Chips, Real Real Vinaigrette
- Pepperoni Flight – Fried Pepperoni with Sweet Mustard, Pickled Pepperoni with Hot Mustard, Pepperette with Classic Yellow Mustard
- Loaded Fries – topped with Queso, Pico De Gallo, Roasted Poblano & Lime Crema, Green Onion Add House Made Bacon
On top of the new menus, I also tried some old classics that were returning:
- Butter Chicken Sausage – Curry Spiced Chicken with Tikka Masala, Mango Chutney, Micro Cilantro, Naan
- Chai Milk Stout Brownie w. White Chocolate & Chai Drizzle, Spent Grain Crumble
- All The Sausage: Butter Chicken / Cheddar Smokie / Pork Carnitas / Nashville Chicken / Philly Cheesesteak / Jerk Sausage – One Of Each Link, Condiments, Crazy Garlic Pickles, Mixed Seasonal Pickles, 2 Fries.
Side note: try the Cheddar Smokie, you won’t regret it!
PLUS new drinks that have launched like: SVP SVP (w. Sous Vide Pineapple – their anniversary release)
Here’s hoping MERIT sticks around for many years to come, so Hamilton can keep enjoying mouth-watering sausage and pickles (made in-house) with thirst-quenching brews.
In addition to their new menu launch, the MERIT team has also announced a tasty new collaboration event – in partnership with restaurants such as: Nique Restaurant, Pokeh, Big Tobacco Kitchen, Cake & Loaf, Saint James, Capital Bar, 541 Barton, and more.
Since MERIT had received such a warm welcome in the past year from the community and local restaurants, rather than celebrating themselves at their one year anniversary, they wanted to celebrate their restaurant and brewery friends. Thus came the ‘Common Ground’ event!
About the event:
Common Ground is a two night, 5 course feast each night featuring dishes created by MERIT’s kitchen team in partnership with: Nique Restaurant, Pokeh, Big Tobacco Kitchen, Cake & Loaf, Saint James, Capital Bar, 541 Barton, and more. Each night will feature a different set of collaborators and each dish will be paired with MERIT beer, including a few new releases we’re working on to celebrate the ocassion!
Tickets for each night are $75+Tax (gratuity is included) and are available to purchase at the MERIT Bottle Shop if you want to save the Eventbrite Fees!
Or you can get your tickets at: THIS LINK
Follow them at
*This tasting was provided for free. Thoughts and opinions are my own